This guide is on how to make your own mosquito trap using a 2-liter empty soda bottle:
1. Cut the top of the bottle as shown and keep aside for later use in (step 4).
2. Put 200 ml warm water in the bottle, stir with 50 gram brown sugar. Do not let warm water temperature exceed 40C. Stir to disolve sugar in the water.
3. Add 1 gm. yeast. No need to mix the yeast with the sugar water. When yeast ferments, it creates carbon dioxide.
4. Put the top upside down of the bottle as in the pic.
5. Wrap black paper around the bottle since mosquitos like dark places and carbon dioxide. This mosquito trap will then start working. Mosquitos fly around the corner, so the best place to place the trap is at some dark corner.